Monday, October 26, 2009

Mahou Sensei Negima c260 Redone

I was recently accepted into Binktopia after finishing their training there, and in an attempt to become as awesome of the rest of then decided to practice the new cleaning techniques I learned there.  Since Negima 260 was noticeably lower quality than the rest of my releases here, I decided to redo it from scratch for those people (like myself) that archive their manga and like to have the best quality available for re-reads. :)

Here's a comparison of old and new, just to give you an idea of the difference (click to enlarge).



Anyways, since it's an old release, only uploaded it to a few places for now.  Enjoy.

DL: Mediafire | Megaupload | MangaToshokan (Online Viewer)

Regarding future scans, I do plan on continuing to produce them as long as my time allows.  I generally will update on MangaUpdates whenever I finish a new one, as well as here.  They'll of course appear on MangaToshokan when I upload there as well.

Looking forward to doing the next chapter. :)

8 comments:

  1. Spelendid work pal!

    Well worth the download :)

    Have you got your hands on Rena's chapter 268 RAW?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like it!

    As for Rena's raw, not yet. She unfortunately scans Negima pretty much last, so I won't likely get that until Friday at the earliest.

    I did go ahead and do the typesetting on the LQ R-P raw I had though, so I can just copy that over and save an hour or so later. :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to ask one thing to you. Does Binktopia has any plans on doing MSN scanlations (do you have any idea about it) because if they do it would be great because they are the best scanlating group i have seen till now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Binktopia doesn't have any plans that I know of to do it. I'd suggest it, but I'm a new member and they already just started several other series recently, so don't want to be a bother. ;p

    ReplyDelete
  5. What about chapter 268?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Got the raw late last night, working on it now. :)

    It'll take a good bit though... 14 of the 18 pages require redrawing. -_-

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please - don't blur.

    Ever.

    Thanks for every release, though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Any perceived blurring is an unfortunate side effect of the methods I use to remove noise from the raw (which I assure you isn't simply adding blur or anything like that). Rena's raws are great quality, but they're still from a magazine with crappy paper/printing and as such will have far more specs and dust than tanko scans. Just to give you an example, here's a leveled and resized page from a previous chapter I did without any noise removal.

    No Noise Removal

    Instead of removing the noise with the method I use, I *could* manually redraw details/line art and replace all the greys like groups such as Maximum7 to get clean-looking art, but I don't have that type of time. :p

    ReplyDelete